Detoxification of Silicone and Saline Breast Implants
Detoxification of Silicone
and Saline Breast Implants
Breast implants cause toxicity in the body several different ways and that’s why it’s important to detox after explant (silicone detox). First, breast implants are large, foreign objects which engage the immune system on an ongoing basis, eventually wearing it down and causing immune dysfunction. Immune dysfunction leads to auto-immune symptoms and allows opportunistic organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites to grow unchecked. These bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites produce bio-toxins which cause an inflammatory cascade and overload our organs of detoxification. Bacteria and fungus can cause or contribute to autoimmune diseases as well. Further, breast implants are essentially two large sacks of aggressive, cytotoxic, neurotoxic and carcinogenic chemicals, which are highly inflammatory to our tissues, organs and glands. Please see Breast Implant Safety for a list of toxic chemicals in silicone implants. Inflammation and the body’s natural systems of detoxification are body processes which work together like a teeter-totter. When inflammation in the body increases due to breast implants, detoxification is down-regulated by the body. So, the presence of toxic implants in the body substantially increases inflammation which hampers the body’s natural systems of detoxification. The entire time you have implants your systems of detoxification are diminished and you are collecting toxins from all sources. In addition, high inflammation is known to cause disease and illness such as cancer, auto-immune diseases and metabolic diseases.
Further, silicone is a known adjuvant which causes auto-immune symptoms and diseases and that is why your body needs a silicone detox after explant. Silicone chemicals are also known endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that interfere with the body’s sensitive endocrine glandular system and produce adverse developmental, reproductive, neurological and immune effects. The endocrine glands especially hard hit by breast implants are thymus, thyroid and adrenals but this does not exclude the other glands such as the pancreas, ovaries, parathyroid, pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus. Our glands essentially control all the processes in our body and damaging them with endocrine disruptors is very significant to our health, once again making a silicone detox after explant necessary.
Breast implants contain heavy metals. Over the years breast implant manufacturers have used different metals in their silicone recipes. We are beginning to understand the role that heavy metals play in toxicity, illness and many of the diseases plaguing mankind. I phoned Mentor and asked what in the breast implants was making me so sick and they told me platinum, but they refused to divulge the other heavy metals and chemicals used in their manufacturing process. It was not only Platinum that was making me ill; however, platinum is a known toxin that they will admit to being in breast implants. Basically every chemical used to make silicone breast implants is toxic to our body.
Steps to Detoxify (silicone detox)
Your Body From Silicone and Saline Breast Implants
1. Explant – The first and most important step to detox (silicone detox) the body is to properly explant your breast implants which means En Bloc/Total Capsulectomy. Please see Explant for a full explanation of a proper explant and Explant Surgeons for a list of world wide surgeons who remove breast implants properly. After explant the body needs a month or two to recover and heal from surgery before its starts to undertake detox.
2. Diet – The next most important step after removal of breast implants is to support your body’s natural systems of detoxification through a healthy, organic, whole foods, anti-inflammatory diet. Anti-inflammatory diets eliminate sugars, gluten grains, dairy products and other foods known to be inflammatory to guts. Your diet will be the most important factor in supporting your natural detoxification and managing your day to day symptoms. Examples of diets that work well for us are the AutoImmune Protocol diet if you have autoimmune symptoms, an antifungal / low mycotoxin diet if you suffer from yeast overgrowth or mold which is common in us. The Gerson Therapy diet is a good diet if you are vegan or vegetarian and is also known to be a powerful detoxification regime in itself. Some ladies have good luck following the Medical Medium‘s books and suggestions. Diets like these are nutritious, lower inflammation, do not feed fungus and will support your natural detoxification.
3. Heal Your Gut – Many women who have breast implants have poor digestion and IBS. Some women develop allergies due to leaky gut and lose the ability to digest dairy, gluten grains and other inflammatory foods. All inflammatory and allergic foods must be cut out of the diet in order to lower inflammation to support digestion. Bone broth and powdered collagen will help heal leaky gut. A few may need Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes to help digest their food. If your gut is badly damaged and not responding to good diet and you need additional help please investigate the GAPS diet for healing damaged guts. Probiotics, especially lactic acid producing probiotics, found in fermented foods and on raw fruits and vegetables are important for restoring healthy gut flora which modulates the immune system and removes toxins. Take lots of probiotics in supplement or fermented foods each day to bring your gut flora, digestion and bowels back to healthy. Rotate probiotics to get a variety of flora in your gut over time. Eat prebiotic foods and resistant starch carbs to feed your probiotics, don’t starve your probiotics.
4. Check for MTHFR Genetic Variants and Support your Methylation and Detox Pathways – MTHFR genetic variants may be inhibiting your ability to detox ad especially if left untreated. MTHFR genetic variants impair our ability to break down crucial B vitamins that support liver methylation and other important functions. MTHFR may be supported with a few supplements such as Methylfolate known as L-5-MTHF and MethylB12 supplements knowns as Methylcobalamin, Adenosylcobalamin or Hydroxocabalmin (different forms of B12 targeting specific areas) and MethylB6 known as Pyridoxal-5′. My own MTHFR status accounted for some of my own poor reaction to breast implant chemicals and heavy metals and delays in detoxing. If you have one of the more serious MTHFR genetic variants I suggest not to stimulate detox and take binders to help you escort toxins from your body. Aside from MTHFR, many women in the group have low B12 due to years with toxic breast implants because B12 is used during liver methylation and detoxification. B12 is crucial to other processes in our body including our iron levels and neurological processes and many feel much better when their B12 is brought up to healthy levels.
5. Heavy Metals – A good and inexpensive preliminary heavy metals test is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis or Hair Toxic Elements Exposure testing. Hair tests can give a lot of good health information because they reveal your minerals status which can point to certain health problems common in us such as slow metabolizing or thyroid and adrenal problems.
6. Infections In Us Due to Immune Deficits – After explant, some women discovered fungal colonization in their saline implants and other women had contact with mold in their environment and have CIRS but by far the most common infection in us is a fungal infection of overgrowth of yeast and Candida. Other infections that are not uncommon in us are UTI, H-pylori, SIBO, bacterial infections in capsules and other areas of the body such as root canals, mycoplasma infections, Lyme, EBV, herpes and even parasites. These bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitical infections caused by immune deficits and poor gut health due to breast implants need to be eliminated for full recovery as they are contributing to our symptoms. Sometimes these infections can be detected through various tests but not always. Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics. Mold should be treated with mold eliminating protocols by doctors knowledgeable about mold. Fungal infections such as yeast overgrowth and Candida are treated with antifungal diets and antifungals whether natural or prescription. Antifungal diets and antifungals are important to overcoming fungus however our healthy gut flora and probiota controls yeast and Candida overgrowth in the long run and so re-establishing good gut health and gut flora is the most important tool in combating fungus in long term.
7. Support your Endocrine and Immune System – Consider checking your Cortisol levels with a pm Cortisol blood test or a Four Point Cortisol test and check your thyroid’s free T3, T4 conversion to see if your adrenals and thyroid are functioning properly. You may need to support both adrenals and thyroid in order to get well. There are various supplements that will help support your endocrine and immune system. Echinacea, Epicor, Tansfer Factors Multi Immune are known as good supplements to support the immune system as are certain mushrooms such as Reishi. Vitamin C and zinc support the immune system too.
8. Progesterone – Progesterone stimulates your natural, nightly detoxification cycle and helps balance your hormones and support your adrenals and thyroid. As silicone is an endocrine disruptor and estrogenic in nature (acts like estrogen in the body) and toxic chemicals and heavy metals damage thyroid and adrenals some ladies markedly diminished hormones, hormonal imbalances and are low on progesterone this is another reason you need to undergo silicone detox. Have your hormone levels tested and supplement with bio-identical hormones and especially progesterone if you are low so that you feel better, heal better and your natural cycle of detoxification is working. If you have to supplement estrogen avoid oral medications because they slow your liver detoxification cycle down and cause fungus to proliferate in the gut. I had to take bio-identical for a time but as I healed I was able to eliminate them.
9. Green Vegetable Juicing – Vegetable juicing is very helpful to supply extra nutrition, potassium and enzymes crucial for healing and detoxification (silicone detox). Try and include a large vegetable juice in your diet each day. I found the Gerson Therapy Green Juice here very helpful to how I felt day to day and to my overall healing: https://gerson.org/pdfs/Green_Juice_Recipe_and_Preparation.pdf
10. Remineralization – Minerals are required for every aspect of your body and for detoxification (silicone detox). We suggest putting a pinch of high quality Celtic or sea salt and a couple drops of ionic liquid minerals in each glass of water to get various minerals on an ongoing basis. Most of us are so low on magnesium which is affecting our health. Magnesium is important to cell and muscle function and how you feel day to day and is usually very low in toxic and stressed people. Magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate is the preferable source for magnesium. Calcium may be required, too, especially if you cannot eat dairy foods. Potassium is a very important mineral to cells for healing and detoxification. If you are eating plenty of fruits and veggies and doing some green juicing you should be getting enough potassium. Use ionic liquid mineral supplements to replace the more trace minerals. Get a Hair Test to test yourself for low minerals that may need shoring up so you can heal.
11. Vitamin and Antioxidant Supplements to Lower Inflammation – Vitamin and antioxidant supplements help keep inflammation low which stimulates detoxification. Please carefully read all labels and research supplements that you take as some have unhealthy ingredients you need to avoid. Vitamins A, B, C, E, Selenium, Zinc, CoQ10/Ubiquinol, Turmeric/ Curcumin, Milkthistle, Ginger and Krill Oil will all help lower inflammation in your body and keep your detoxification cycle up regulated. Vitamin D is important to healing and is the vitamin that controls all hormones and is low in most of us. Most of us are very low in B vitamins and especially B12. Meyer’s Cocktail IV’s can help you restore low vitamins and minerals. Acetylcholine can be an important supplement in our healing too as it stimulates the vagus nerve to lower inflammation and eliminates brainfog. Acetylcholine can be found in lecithin supplements.
12. Stimulate Detox – The body knows how to detox on its own. We don’t necessarily feel you need to stimulate detox (silicone detox) but certain supplements are known to stimulate detoxification such as Vitamin C, Magnesium, Chlorella/Spirulina, Lipoic Acid, MSM, Inositol (for silicone detoxification), NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) and Iodine. Do your research on these and go slow. Try one at a time, taking smaller doses to begin with to test for tolerance and gradually titrating up your doses to stimulate detoxification until you feel symptoms. Then rest for some days while those toxins clear and then repeat. Don’t take Chlorella, Lipoic Acid or NAC if you have mercury fillings as it will drag mercury around your body which causes inflammation. When you stimulate detoxification strongly, try a binder to bind toxins and help carry them out of the body. Binders like clay or charcoal absorb toxins and carry them out of the body. Take care and do not use charcoal for periods of longer than three weeks as charcoal binds healthy minerals and nutrients too.
13. Glutathione – If you do research on detoxification you will come across information on glutathione which is produced in the body and acts as the body’s master detoxifier picking up free radicals, toxins and heavy metals and escorting them out of the body. Normally, glutathione is created and recycled in the healthy body except when the toxic load becomes too great then it becomes depleted. Glutathione is made from the amino acids cysteine, glutamine and glycine. If you want to increase your glutathione you can take the inexpensive supplements NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) 4 parts, glutamine 2 parts and glycine 1 part in a glass of water between meals. No need to buy expensive glutathione supplements. Alternatively, you can also take organic, grass-fed, un-denatured whey powder which has all the precursors of glutathione if you can tolerate dairy products.
14. Exercise – Get exercise everyday if possible. At first walking, yoga and swimming are great exercises for healing breast implant illness and silicone detox. Gradually work up. Go outside for fresh air, sun and to connect with nature each day. If possible, sit or lie on the ground/grass/beach each day to eliminate inflammation in your body through grounding.
15. Sauna Therapy and Epsom Salt Baths – If you have access to an infrared sauna, sauna two to three times each week. It is well known that toxins and heavy metals are eliminated through the skin by sweating and infrared kills microbes in the body. Avoid saunas if you have implants and or mercury fillings. Also take a couple Epsom salt baths a week for magnesium replenishing and detoxification (silicone detox).
16. Low-Level Light Therapy, Oxygen Therapy, Ozone Therapy – I read another lady’s site that said she had profound healing after receiving low-level light therapy treatments on her chest to break down capsule tissue which should have been removed but was not. Not only did the low-level light therapy breakdown the capsule tissue, it also killed the bacteria and fungus in her chest. Although I have not had a chance to try it, I believe it works and could be a profound healing tool for some. Chiropractors use low-level light therapy in their practices, hopefully you can find one near you. I have personally tried oxygen therapy and it does stimulate healing. Many are having good results getting rid of bacteria, mold/fungus and viruses using ozone.
17. Timeframe to Feel Healthy – You will notice that the process of detoxification (silicone detox) does increase inflammation in the body and the feeling of illness for a period. Moving toxic chemicals, bio-toxins and heavy metals through your body and organs will cause inflammation and detox symptoms (headaches, brain fog, negative mentalism, emotionalism, sore back bone, sore joints, general illness, fatigue, digestive disturbances) and an increase of your specific symptoms which is why you should go slow and need to take rests from detoxing but always maintain your clean diet and some exercise if possible. Detoxification (silicone detox) of breast implants is not a straight line, but rather an up and down process generally lasting one to two years. After explant, you will notice certain symptoms go away but then in a few months after explant, your body will begin the heavy work of detoxing stored chemicals and heavy metals from your cells and your symptoms will increase and go up and down for some months but gradually disappear one by one. Most women feel substantially healed within about one to two years. If you are not improving over years, then you need to look for other sources of toxicity. Perhaps you have a bacterial or fungal infection. Please ensure you are not living or working in a moldy environment. Perhaps you have mercury toxicity from your amalgams. Perhaps you have root canals that are producing potent bacteria creating illness in your body. Perhaps you have parasites. There will be a reason you are not healing.
Most of the above are things I did to get well. I was able to research a lot on the processes of detoxification and I tried a lot of things. I hurt myself sometimes by speeding up detox too much and unleashing more heavy metals and toxins than my body and organs were able to handle at one time. So, take care. If you try supplements, add one thing at a time so you can tell if something bothers you. Not everyone will be able to tolerate any or all of these suggestions and especially not in the beginning of your healing. Some have done nothing to detox and healed too. If you have a bad reaction, stop everything and rest. Then add one thing back in at a time so you can tell what is causing the reaction. Trust your own instincts. It takes time to heal this illness and the damage we have done to our bodies so be patient with yourself and trust in your healing.
Please join our Facebook group of over 100,000 women for support through your healing journey.
We look forward to your comments, feedback and personal stories about your symptoms due to breast implants. Please see the comment form below. Thank you.