WHAT ARE BREAST IMPLANT SYMPTOMS AND SYMPTOMS OF SILICONE TOXICITY
The earlier and more consistent breast implant symptoms as reported by over 90,000 women in the facebook group Breast Implant Illness and Healing By Nicole are fatigue/low energy, cognitive dysfunction (brain fog, memory loss), headaches, joint and muscle pain, hair loss, recurring infections, swollen lymph nodes and glands, rashes, IBS, problems with thyroid and adrenals. Because breast implants can affect most body systems, symptoms are widespread and can be related to chemical and heavy metal toxicity, biotoxicity, immune dysfunction, auto-immune symptoms, neurological symptoms, endocrine symptoms and metabolic symptoms. Here is a longer list of breast implant symptoms consistently reported by women of the facebook group and which have been associated with breast implants:
BRAIN FOG, MEMORY LOSS
MUSCLE AND JOINT PAIN
HAIR LOSS, DRY SKIN AND HAIR
POOR SLEEP AND INSOMNIA
DRY EYES, DECLINE IN VISION
HYPO/HYPER THYROID SYMPTOMS
HYPO/HYPER ADRENAL SYMPTOMS
HORMONE IMBALANCE, DIMINISHING HORMONES, EARLY MENOPAUSE
SLOW HEALING, EASY BRUISING
THROAT CLEARING, COUGH, DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING, CHOKING, REFLUX, METALLIC TASTES, GERD
GASTROINTESTINAL ISSUES SUCH AS NAUSEA, GASTRITIS
LEAKY GUT, IBS AND SIBO
FEVERS, NIGHT SWEATS, INTOLERANT TO HEAT/COLD
PERSISTENT BACTERIAL, VIRAL, FUNGAL INFECTIONS
YEAST INFECTIONS, CANDIDA, SINUS AND UTI INFECTIONS
SUDDEN FOOD INTOLERANCE AND ALLERGIES
HEADACHES, MIGRANES AND OCULAR MIGRANES
SLOW MUSCLE RECOVERY AFTER ACTIVITY
HEART PALPITATIONS, CHANGES IN NORMAL HEART RATE OR HEART PAIN
SORE AND ACHING JOINTS OF SHOULDERS, HIPS, BACKBONE, HANDS AND FEET
SWOLLEN AND TENDER LYMPH NODES IN BREAST AREA, UNDERARM, THROAT, NECK, GROIN
DEHYDRATION FOR NO REASON
NUMBNESS/TINGLING SENSATION IN UPPER AND LOWER LIMBS
COLD AND DISCOLORED LIMBS, HANDS AND FEET
GENERAL CHEST DISCOMFORT SHORTNESS OF BREATH
PAIN AND OR BURNING SENSATION AROUND IMPLANT AND OR UNDERARM
LIVER AND KIDNEY DYSFUNCTION
TOXIC SHOCK SYMPTOMS
ANXIETY, DEPRESSION AND PANIC ATTACKS
FEELING LIKE YOU ARE DYING
SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA
SYMPTOMS OF LYME DISEASE
SYMPTOMS OF EBV
MAST CELL ACTIVATION SYNDROME
SYMPTOMS OF AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASES SUCH AS; RAYNAUD’S SYNDROME, HASHIMOTO’S THYROIDITIS, GRAVES’, ADDISON’S, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, SCLERODERMA, LUPUS, SJOGREN’S SYNDROME, NONSPECIFIC CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
SYMPTOMS OF BIA-ALCL LYMPHOMA
DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER
WHAT TESTS SHOULD I HAVE DUE TO BREAST IMPLANT SYMPTOMS?
Once you recognize yourself in the above breast implant symptoms, it is best to stop wasting precious time and money on testing and misdiagnoses and rather go straight to EXPLANT . There are no definitive test(s) to link your breast implant symptoms to your breast implants but the following medical tests have been used to investigate common problems in us caused by breast implants however women can show just inside normal ranges in regard to testing and are still very ill and symptomatic:
Medical Lab Tests
1. ANA ANTINUCLEAR ANTIBODY (Checks autoimmune markers)
2. CBC + LIPIDS (Checks red, white blood cells, platelets, anemia, infection)
3. NK CELLS (Checks Immunodeficiency)
4. CMP COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL (Checks glucose, electrolytes, kidney and liver)
5. BLOOD PROFILE OF AMINO ACIDS BY CHROMATOGRAPHY (amino acids are involved in liver detoxification and are depleted in many of us. Important aminos for detox are cysteine, methionine, aspartic acid, arginine, ornithine and lysine)
6. BONE DENSITY – (Checks for low bone density)
7. THYROID – TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, TPO Ab and TG Ab
8. TEMPERATURE TEST FOR THYROID
9. PARATHYROID – CALCIUM AND PTH TEST
10. ADRENAL HORMONES (Cortisol, DHEA-S, Estradiol, Estrogen, Progesterone, Pregnenlone, Testosterone Free and Total, Sex Hormone Binding Globuline)
11. B12 AND FOLATE DEFICIENCY – (Checks for low B12 and low folate)
12. VITAMIN D, 25 HYDROXY (Checks for Vitamin D Deficiency)
13. IRON AND FERRITIN TEST (Checks for iron derangement)
14. MAGNESIUM AND POTASSIUM LEVELS
15. IODINE LEVELS
16. CRP-C AND ESR to check for inflammation but they may not show much and you may have to dig deeper with these tests TFN, TGF-beta 1, interleukins, IGE and gammaglobulin for inflammation
17. APA ASSAY (Checks for abnormal immune system response with Fibromyalgia)
18. VISUAL CONTRAST SENSITIVITY EYE TEST AT VCSTEST.COM – (Checks for mold biotoxin)
19. LEAKY GUT, SIBO AND IBS TESTS
20. INFECTIONS SUCH AS EBV, LYME, H-PYLORI, MYCOPLASMA, INTRACELLULAR, COCKSACKIE, CYTOMEGALOVIRUS, HERPES ETC
21. FUNGAL TESTS INCLUDING CANDIDA , IgM and IgG
22. PARASITES OF THE GUT
23. EKG AND ECHOCARDIOGRAM FOR HEART CHANGES
24. MRI WITHOUT GANDOLINIUM CONTRAST WHICH CAUSES TOXICITY IN US OR ULTRASOUND TO DETECT LEAKS/RUPTURES (Mammogram can rupture implants)
1. The Silicone Hypersensitivity Panel through (betterlabtestsnow.com), has existed for years and is once again gaining popularity but it should not be used to rule out breast implant illness as results vary from woman to woman and ingredients vary from implant to implant. It is a panel of 19 items, including materials commonly used in breast implants, and related possible irritants. Please note this test does NOT test for silicone levels within your body, only sensitivity to it. Testing for sensitivity to: Silicone, Silicates (silicon dioxide), Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Tin/stannous chloride, Titanium dioxide, Petroleum byproducts of Xylene, Toluene, Benzene, Latex, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Vinyl chloride, Green #5, Blue #2, Violet #2, Aspergillus niger, Candida albicans, Aluminum.
2. Genetic Testing through https://www.23andme.com/ for MTHFR genetic variants and methylation issues is highly suggested as about half or more of us with breast implant illness test positive for MTHFR which affects our ability to detox. My MTHFR status accounted for some of my own particular health picture including my level of toxicity from breast implants and heavy metals and my very low B12 which causes many of our symptoms. I have MTHFR genetic variants that affect my ability to methylate (break down) toxins and to detox metals. Many of us do have MTHFR genetic variants and without supporting our methylation pathways with specific nutrients very little detoxing and healing will happen. After receiving the raw data from 23andme.com upload it to a few other websites such as Nutrahacker.com , Knowyourgenetics.com and Selfdecode.com which explain your particular genetic variants and how to support with food and supplements.
3. MicroNutrient testing such as Spectracell’s Micronutrient Testing which can identify nutritional deficiencies caused by health problems due to breast implants and also contributing to your symptoms and illness. Bringing up our nutrient deficiencies will assist our healing and support our immune system.
4. The Organic Acids Test (OAT) by The Great Plains Labratory offers a comprehensive metabolic snapshot of patient’s overall health with 75 markers and an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete several abnormal organic acids in their urine revealing fungus and bacteria overgrowths. Abnormally high levels of these yeast and bacteria can cause many symptoms including fatigue and immune dysfunction. The cause of these high levels could include oral antibiotic use, high sugar diets, immune deficiencies, acquired infections, as well as genetic factors.
5. Fungitell Assay may be helpful to identify invasive fungal infections which are not uncommon in us due to breast implants and eliminating these fungal infections are necessary in order to heal.
WHY DO BREAST IMPLANTS CAUSE SYMPTOMS?
Breast implant illness is not really to do with the brand or type of implant that you have. Breast implant illness occurs in all brands and both saline and silicone implants and is a very multifaceted illness. For both saline and silicone breast implants a strong and immediate response to the silicone shell directly after implantation may be predicated by your genes specifically HLA B27, HLA DR52 and HLA DR53 which are genes associated with being ill in the first year after implantation and a higher sensitivity to silicone. Even if you don’t have these specific genes your body will still respond to the fact that breast implants are huge foreign objects implanted in your chest near vital organs and glands and you will experience the usual foreign body immune response as your body mounts an all out war which causes immune deficits, immune dysfunction and eventually autoimmune symptoms and diseases. Our overwhelmed immune system eventually switches over to attacking itself instead of attacking invaders. This is known as switching from TH1 dominance to TH2 dominance and it is when the immune system developes antibodies against itself instead of killer T-Cells to kill what it perceives to be abnormal cells. Eventually, both saline and silicone breast implants cause immune system failure by overwhelming the immune system and allowing various infections in the body to gain a foothold and cause many of our symptoms. These infections can be bacterial, viral, fungal or parastical. Next the approximate 40 toxic chemicals and array of heavy metals in silicone which are known endocrine disruptors, inflammatory, carcinogenic, cytotoxic and neurotoxic poison our fragile endocrine gland system (thyroid/adrenals and others) and poison our Thymus gland and our immune system, poison our gut health and create toxicity in our organs and body. With saline there is also the added element that many of the saline ports collect body fluid and can mold and these organisms can cross into the implant due to defective valves and colonize the implant. These microorganisms produce metabolites which are toxic to us known as biotoxins. The interior of all capsules is perfect place for infections to occur and grow and the inside of capsules necrotize over time. Textures add another layer of toxicity and also textures soak up body fluids and provide spaces for infections to thrive. Textures also aggravate the immune system as the flake off and travel through our lymphatics. Many of us also have pathogens and parasites in our gut due to bad gut health and even past our gut as they inhabit our body because there is little immune opposition to them due to immune deficits. Due to poor gut health we cannot digest our foods and due to autoimmune processes our guts and bodies are full of inflammation. We could go on and on but as you can see saline and silicone implants profoundly damage our health in many ways.
We look forward to your comments, feedback and personal stories about your symptoms due to breast implants. Please see the comment form below. Thank you.