DETOXIFICATION OF SILICONE AND SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS
Breast implants cause toxicity in the body several different ways. First, breast implants are large, foreign objects which engage the immune system on an ongoing basis eventually overwhelming the immune system and causing immune system dysfunction and failure. Immune system dysfunction leads to auto-immune symptoms and diseases. Immune system failure allows opportunistic organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites to grow unchecked and spread out of control. These bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites produce bio-toxins which cause an inflammatory cascade and overload our organs of detoxification. Bacteria and fungus can cause or contribute to autoimmune diseases. Further, breast implants are essentially two large sacks of aggressive cyto-toxic, neuro-toxic and carcinogenic chemicals which are highly inflammatory to our tissues, organs and glands. Please see BREAST IMPLANT SAFETY for a list of toxic chemicals in silicone implants. Inflammation and the body’s natural systems of detoxification are body processes which work together like a teeter totter. When inflammation in the body increases due to breast implants, detoxification is down regulated by the body. When inflammation in the body decreases, detoxification is up regulated by the body. So, the presence of toxic implants in the body substantially increases inflammation which hampers the bodies natural systems of detoxification. The entire time you have implants your systems of detoxification are diminished and you are collecting toxins from all sources. In addition, high inflammation from breast implants is known to cause disease and illness such as cancer, auto-immune diseases and metabolic diseases.
Further, silicone is a known adjuvant which causes auto-immune symptoms and diseases. Silicone chemicals are also known endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that interfere with the bodies sensitive endocrine glandular system and produce adverse developmental, reproductive, neurological and immune effects. The endocrine glands especially hard hit by breast implants are thymus, thyroid and adrenals but this does not exclude the other glands such as pancreas, ovaries, parathyroid, pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus. Our glands essentially control all the processes in our body and damaging them with endocrine disruptors is very significant to our health.
Breast implants contain heavy metals. Over the years breast implant manufacturers have used different heavy metals in their silicone recipes. We are beginning to understand the causation that heavy metals plays in toxicity, illness and many of the diseases plaguing mankind. I phoned Mentor and asked what in the breast implants was making me so sick and they told me Platinum but they refused to divulge the other chemicals used in their manufacturing process of implants. It was not only Platinum that was making me ill, however Platinum is a known toxicity that they will admit to being in breast implants. Basically every chemical used to make silicone breast implants is toxic to our body.
STEPS TO DETOXIFY YOUR BODY FROM SILICONE AND SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS
1. Explant – The first and most important step to detox the body is to properly explant your breast implants which means En Bloc/Total Capsulectomy. Please see the EXPLANT page for a full explanation of a proper explant and the EXPLANT SURGEONS page for a list of world wide surgeons who remove breast implants properly.
2. Diet – The next and most important step after removal of breast implants is to support the body’s natural systems of detoxification through healthy diet which means an organic, nonGMO, whole foods diet of little fruit, (lemons, limes, coconut, green granny smith apples and berries are the best) lots and lots of all kinds of vegetables (50 per cent raw 50 per cent cooked), some organic/free range/grass fed meats and eggs, some carbs and resistant starches from root vegetables. Include lots of healthy fats and oils such as organic/raw/grass fed butter if you can tolerate dairy, coconut oil, unheated olive oil, avocado, fresh flax seed oil and lots and lots of clean fish/krill oils. Include raw nuts except peanuts which carry mold. Drink six to eight glasses of purified, mineralized water. Cut out all sugars/sweetners, dairy and gluten which are inflammatory to most guts. Cut out all processed foods, anything with a label on it, anything in a can, anything in a box, cut out all chemicals, cut out all sweets, candies, cakes, pastries, cut out caffeine, pop, chocolate, alcohol, yeasted and foods with vinegar. Use a natural salt full of various minerals from a clean source. Use apple cider vinegar.
Your clean, wholefoods diet will be the most important factor in how you feel day to day and how quickly your body detoxes. Eating cleanly allows your body the extra energy it needs to do the heavy work of detoxing. Examples of diets that work for us are the Gerson Therapy diet (good for vegetarians), antifungal/low mycotoxin diets (good for fungus) and the AutoImmune Protocol diet (good for those that suffer from autoimmune symptoms and diseases). These diets are digestible to the body, lower inflammation in the gut and do not feed fungus and other pathogenic microorganisms that cause many of our symptoms.
3. Heal Your Gut – Many women who have toxicity from breast implants have digestion and bowel problems potentially from leaky gut, gut dysbiosis, IBS, Crohns, inflammation, fungus and parasites. Some women develop allergies due to leaky gut and lose the ability to digest dairy, gluten grains, and other inflammatory or allergenic foods. All inflammatory and allergic foods must be cut out of the diet completely in order to lower inflammation in the gut. When inflammation is present in the gut and digestive tract the body slows down or stops detoxification. If you have gut problems, a whole foods diet as outlined above and cutting out inflammatory and allergenic foods such as dairy and gluten will help you feel much better and detox faster. Bone broth and Great Lakes Collagen will help heal your gut and ensure you have enough Betaine HCL to digest your food. If your gut is badly damaged and not responding to good diet and bone broth and you need additional help please check out the GAPS diet guidelines for healing damaged guts. If you have auto-immune symptoms follow the Autoimmune Protocol diet to bring down inflammation in your gut and modulate the autoimmune response in the body.
Probiotics, especially lacto and soil based probiotics found in fermented foods such as yogurt and cultured vegetables are very important for healing/restoring healthy gut flora and function, modulating your immune system and chelating toxins from the body. Don’t buy sauerkraut from the grocery store because it contains vinegar which is not traditional culturing. If you buy sauerkraut, obtain it from a health food store which carries traditionally cultured veggies. It is easy and inexpensive to make your own cultured vegetables at home which supply much larger quantities of probiotics than store bought supplements. Just google Dr. Mercola Cultured Vegetables Recipe and you will find a link to a great video on how to make your own cultured veggies if you are inclined. If you prefer to buy probiotics look for lacto based which means they produce lactic acid and soil based probiotics and take several doses each day for a while to bring your gut flora, digestion and bowels back to normal. Rotate your probiotics to get a good cross section of various organisms.
4. Infections In Us – After explant, some ladies have discovered fungal colonization in their saline implants. Some ladies have had contact with mold in their environment and have mold infections in their body due to immune deficits caused by breast implants. Additionally, most breast implant illness ladies have an overgrowth of fungus such as yeast/Candida in their gut and even systemically due to immune deficits. Some ladies had bacterial infections in their capsules. Capsular contracture is known to be caused by bacteria in the capsule. Some ladies have mycoplasma infections. Some ladies have Lyme, EBV and herpes infections causing many health problems. These bacterial, mold/fungus, mycobacteria, viral and parasitical infections need to be eliminated for a full recovery. Sometimes these infections can be detected through various tests but not always. Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics. Mold should be treated with mold eliminating protocols by doctors knowledgeable about mold such as Functional Medicine doctors. Gut and broad fungal infections in most of us such as yeast/Candida are treated with antifungal/low mycotoxin diets and antifungals whether natural or prescription. Antifungal/low mycotoxin diets are crucial to overcoming mold and fungus in the body and strict diet supercedes prescription antifungals. Fungus/mold overcomes prescription antifungals quickly. Treating with too many prescription antifungals is causing resistant fungus. Plus prescription antifungals can be hard on the liver. Use natural remedies if possible. A glass of hot water with the juice of one lemon and cayenne pepper first thing every morning cleans out the digestive tract daily. Three cloves of crushed garlic a day, one with each meal kills fungus while preserving beneficial gut flora. Oil of Oregano drops several times a day also kills fungus. Grapefruit Seed extract kills fungus. A product called Thorne Research SF722 is excellent for killing fungus, Caprylic Acid/Caprylates and Candex kills yeast very powerfully. There are many good natural products to eliminate fungus in your body. Rotate your natural antifungals every month or sooner so the fungus does not build up a tolerance to them.
5. Support your Endocrine and Immune System – Have a pm Cortisol blood test and check your thyroid’s free T3, T4 conversion to see if your adrenals and thyroid are affected. You will need to support both adrenals and thyroid in order to get well. There are various supplements that will help support your endocrine and immune system. Epicor and Tansfer Factors are known as good supplements to support the immune system.
6. Progesterone – Progesterone stimulates your natural, nightly detoxification cycle and helps balance your hormones. As silicone is an endocrine disruptor and toxic chemicals and heavy metals damage thyroid, adrenals and ovaries, some ladies have hormonal imbalances and are low on progesterone and other hormones. Have your hormone levels tested and supplement with bio-identical hormones and especially progesterone if you are low so that you feel better, heal better and your natural cycle of detoxification is working. If you have to supplement estrogen avoid oral medications because they slow your liver detoxification cycle down and cause fungus to proliferate in the gut.
7. Vegetable Juicing – If your gut is healed and well working some vegetable juicing is very helpful to supply extra nutrition and enzymes for healing and detoxification. If you juice, please ensure that you are also eating a whole foods diet along with your juicing instead of just juice fasting. The fibers in wholefoods grab onto the toxins as they are released from the liver via the bile so they are not re-absorbed directly back into your body through your colon as when you juice fast. Just juice fasting can concentrate toxins and cause retox. I did the Gerson Therapy Green Juice found here: http://gerson.org/pdfs/Green_Juice_Recipe_and_Preparation.pdf
8. Remineralization – Minerals are required for every aspect of your body and for detoxification. I suggest putting a pinch of high quality salt in each glass of water to get various minerals each day. Calcium may be required, too, especially if you cannot eat dairy foods. Toxic chemicals in the implants are very acidic as are biotoxins and the body leaches calcium from bones and teeth in an attempt to offset the acidity which causes sharp bone pain and tooth degradation. Use plant derived calcium which is more easily absorbed by your body. Magnesium is important to cell and muscle function and how you feel day to day and is usually very low in toxic and stressed people. Magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate is the preferable source for magnesium. Potassium is a very important mineral to cells for healing. If you are eating plenty of fruits and veggies and some green juicing you should be getting enough. Use a mineral supplement to replace the more trace minerals.
9. Vitamins and Antioxidant Supplements to Lower Inflammation – Vitamin and antioxidant supplements help keep inflammation low which stimulates detoxification. Please carefully read all labels and research supplements that you take as some have unhealthy ingredients. Vitamins A, B, C, E, Selenium, Zinc, CoQ10, Turmeric, Ginger and Krill will help lower inflammation in your body and keep your detoxification cycle up regulated. Vitamin D is important to healing and is the vitamin that controls hormones.
10. Stimulate Detox – After you have mastered good diet and your digestion and bowels are working well, you may want to begin to stimulate detoxification. There are certain supplements that stimulate and speed up detoxification such as Vitamin C, Magnesium, Chlorella/Spirulina, Lipoic Acid, MSM, Inositol (for silicone detoxification), NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) and Iodine. Do your research on these and go slow. Try one at a time, taking smaller doses to begin with to test for tolerance and gradually titrating up your doses to stimulate detoxification until you feel symptoms. Then rest for some days while those toxins clear and then repeat. Don’t take Chlorella, Lipoic Acid or NAC if you have mercury fillings as it will drag mercury around your body which is very toxic and causes inflammation. When you stimulate detoxification, try a binder to bind toxins and help carry them out of the body. I like Chia seeds in a smoothy or water for a good daily binder. Start with 1 tsp of Chia seeds in 8 ounces of liquid and work up to 1 TBSP. If you need a stronger binder you can use charcoal but take care and do not use it for periods of longer than three weeks as charcoal binds healthy minerals and nutrients too.
11. Glutathione – If you do research on detoxification you will come across information on Glutathione which is a simple molecule produced in the body that acts as the body’s master detoxifier picking up free radicals, toxins and heavy metals and escorting them out of the body. Normally, Glutathione is created and recycled in the healthy body except when the toxic load becomes too great and then it becomes depleted. Glutathione is made from the amino acids (protein building blocks) Cysteine, Glutamine and Glycine. If you want to increase your Glutathione you can take the inexpensive supplements NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) 4 parts, Glutamine 2 parts and Glycine 1 part in a glass of water between meals. No need to buy expensive Glutathione supplements. Alternatively, you can also take organic, grassfed, undenatured whey powder which has all the precursors to make Glutathione. Again, start slow taking one dose of NAC/Glutamine/Glycine in the beginning and working your way up.
12. Exercise – Get exercise each day if possible. At first walking, yoga and swimming are great exercises for healing breast implant illness. Gradually work up to fast walking and even jogging to get your circulation and lymph moving well. Go outside for fresh air and sun and to connect with nature each day. If possible, sit or lie on the ground/grass/beach each day to eliminate inflammation in your body through grounding.
13. Sauna Therapy and Epsom Salt Baths – If you have access to an infared sauna, sauna two to three times each week. It is well known that toxins and heavy metals are eliminated through the skin by sweating. Also take a couple Epsom salt baths a week for magnesium replenishing, magnesium and detoxification.
14. Low Level Light Therapy, Oxygen Therapy, Ozone Therapy – I read another lady’s site that said she had profound healing after receiving low level light therapy treatments on her chest to break down capsule tissue which should have been removed but was not. Not only did the low level light therapy breakdown the capsule tissue, it also killed the bacteria and fungus in her chest. Although I have not had a chance to try it, I believe it works and could be a profound healing tool for some. Chiropractors use low level light therapy in their practices, hopefully you can find one near you. I have personally tried oxygen therapy and it does stimulate healing. Many are having good results getting rid of bacteria, mold/fungus and viruses using ozone.
13. Timeframe to Feel Healthy – You will notice that the process of detoxification does increase inflammation in the body and the feeling of illness. Moving toxic chemicals, bio-toxins and heavy metals through your body and organs will cause inflammation and detox symptoms (headaches, brain fog, negative mentalism, emotionalism, sore back bone, sore joints, general illness, fatigue, digestive disturbances) and an increase of your specific symptoms which is why you should go slow and need to take rests from detoxing but always maintain your clean wholefoods diet and some exercise if possible. Detoxification of breast implants is not a straight line, but rather an up and down process generally lasting one to two years. After explant, you will notice certain symptoms go away and you will feel better for a few months but then in a few months after explant, your body will begin the heavy work of detoxing stored chemicals and heavy metals from your cells and your symptoms will increase and go up and down for some months but gradually disappear one by one. Most women feel substantially better within about one to two years. If you are not improving over months and years, then you need to look for other sources of toxicity. Perhaps you have a bacterial or fungal infection that is creating bio-toxins. Perhaps you have mercury toxicity from your amalgams or a dental event. Perhaps you have root canals that are producing potent bacteria creating illness in your body. Perhaps you have parasites. Keep looking for toxicity and keep working on elimination and detoxification.
Most of the above are things I did to get well. I was able to research a lot on the processes of detoxification and I tried a lot of things. I hurt myself sometimes by speeding up detox too much and unleashing more heavy metals and toxins than my body and organs were able to handle at one time. So, take care. If you try the supplements, add one thing at a time so you can tell if something bothers you. Not everyone will be able to tolerate all of these things and especially in the beginning of your healing. If you have a bad reaction, stop everything and rest. Then add one thing back in at a time so you can tell what is causing the reaction. Trust your own instincts. Personally, I did not get help from the medical doctors. Medical doctors don’t believe that silicone is toxic and do not have training in diagnosing heavy metals poisoning or detoxification. One Naturopath told me that mercury fillings are okay and not to disturb them. Ridiculous! There is only one other substance on earth more toxic than mercury and that is radioactive Plutonium. I often get asked if I am fully recovered. My explant was Jan 2013 and in the three years since my explant I have regained about 95 per cent of my health. Two years post explant I was approximately 65 to 70 per cent recovered. I was still healing in my third year. It takes time to heal this illness and the damage we have done to our bodies so be patient with yourself.
HEAVY METALS POISONING
Many women who are ill from breast implants are also heavy metal poisoned. There are heavy metals in breast implants but also rampant in our daily environment, in the drinking water, foods we eat including health foods, our work environments and especially our dental work. MS and many other auto-immune diseases, cancers, kidney and liver diseases are known to be caused from heavy metals and especially dental mercury. Some of us are genetically predisposed to be unable to naturally detox heavy metals and accumulate them or are outright allergic to metals. I suggest a Hair Toxicities/Hair Elements test to help you determine if heavy metals are part of your health issues. Please see RESOURCES for where and how to obtain a hair test. If you are heavy metal poisoned, detoxing heavy metals requires carefully removing your dental amalgams, the same whole foods diet including high protein and supplements to aid detoxing metals. Moderate to severe poisoning from highly toxic heavy metals like mercury and lead can be chelated using an oral chelator such as DMSA (DMPS in Europe) and then adding in Lipoic acid later to clean out the brain. If you suspect you are mercury poisoned please read Andy Cutlers book Amalgam Illness: Diagnoses and Treatment. Andy Cutler is known worldwide for his protocol on how to recover from mercury toxicity.
Please note that ladies with breast implants should not have Gandolinium contrast for MRI’s because it seems to be a noted source of toxicity in hair tests and symptoms. Despite what the health professionals say Gandolinium is a serious heavy metal toxicity.
The Hair Toxicities/Hair Elements test is also important as it will determine if you are low on on any key minerals and elements required by the body which supplementation will speed up your healing. If you want to learn how to interpret your own hair tests read Andy Cutler’s book Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities. Andy’s contact information is listed on RESOURCES.
More coming soon. I welcome any questions you may have.