WHAT ARE BREAST IMPLANT SYMPTOMS AND SYMPTOMS OF SILICONE TOXICITY/POISONING
Breast implant illness is a period of sickness affecting the body caused by silicone or saline breast implants. Symptoms of breast implant illness vary from body to body due to personal differences, the type of breast implants and the progression of the illness however it appears that a few symptoms show up a little earlier and more consistently such as fatigue, cognitive dysfunction (brain fog, memory loss), joint and muscle pain, hair loss and dryness throughout the body including organs and glands. In my personal opinion, if you are experiencing fatigue, cognitive dysfunction, joint and muscle pain, hair loss and dryness throughout the body, it is your body indicating to you that the implants are causing illness and should be removed as soon as possible. Because breast implants affect most body systems, symptoms are widespread and can be related to immune impairment/failure, auto-immune diseases, neurological symptoms, endocrine symptoms and metabolic symptoms. Here is a longer list of some of the symptoms, but in no way complete, that have been associated with breast implants:
FATIGUE OR CHRONIC FATIGUE
COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION (BRAIN FOG, MEMORY LOSS)
MUSCLE PAIN, JOINT PAIN AND STIFFNESS
DRY EYES, DECLINE IN VISION, VISION DISTURBANCES
HYPO/HYPER THYROID SYMPTOMS
HYPO/HYPER ADRENAL SYMPTOMS
ESTROGEN/PROGESTERONE IMBALANCE OR DIMINISHING HORMONES
SLOW HEALING OF CUTS AND SCRAPES, EASY BRUISING
THROAT CLEARING, DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING, COUGH
FEVERS, NIGHT SWEATS, INTOLERANT TO HEAT
NEW AND PERSISTENT BACTERIAL AND VIRAL INFECTIONS
SLOW CLEARING OF COMMON COLDS AND FLUES
FUNGAL INFECTIONS, YEAST INFECTIONS, CANDIDA
NEW SKIN RASHES
SUDDEN FOOD INTOLERANCE AND ALLERGIES
PAIN AND SLOW MUSCLE RECOVERY AFTER ACTIVITY
WAVES OF MUSCLE WEAKNESS
HEART PALPITATIONS, CHANGES IN NORMAL HEART RATE OR HEART PAIN
SORE AND ACHING JOINTS OF SHOULDERS, HIPS, BACKBONE, HANDS AND FEET
SWOLLEN AND TENDER LYMPH NODES IN BREAST AREA, UNDERARM, THROAT AND NECK
BOUTS OF DEHYDRATION FOR NO REASON
NUMBNESS/TINGLING SENSATIONS IN UPPER AND LOWER LIMBS
COLD AND DISCOLORED LIMBS, HANDS AND FEET
GENERAL CHEST DISCOMFORT SHORTNESS OF BREATH
PAIN AND OR BURNING SENSATION AROUND IMPLANT AND OR UNDERARM
LIVER AND KIDNEY DYSFUNCTION
TOXIC SHOCK SYMPTOMS
ANXIETY, DEPRESSION PARTIAL OR FULL PANIC ATTACKS
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF FIBROMYALGIA
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF LYME DISEASE
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASES SUCH AS; RAYNAUD’S SYNDROME, HASHIMOTO’S THYROIDITIS, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, SCLERODERMA, LUPUS, NONSPECIFIC AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF ALCL LYMPHOMA
WHY DO BREAST IMPLANTS CAUSE ILLNESS?
Breast implants cause illness because they are large foreign objects which overwhelm and impair our immune systems causing immune system dysfunction and auto-immune symptoms. Immune system dysfunction allows opportunistic bacteria and fungi to grow out of control causing serious bacterial and fungal infections in our body which produce large amounts of bio-toxins which overload our organs. In addition, implants are made of silicone which is a chemical soup of dangerous toxins and heavy metals that when implanted in the body begin breaking down due to body chemistry and releasing and circulating particulates of silicone and neuro-toxic, cyto-toxic, carcinogenic chemicals and heavy metals contaminating tissues, organs, glands and body systems. Simply put silicone is a biologically active and toxic substance that causes bio-toxins and poisons and impairs many functions of the body.
WHEN DO BREAST IMPLANTS CAUSE ILLNESS?
It makes no difference whether your implants are cohesive gel, saline with a silicone shell or silicone with a silicone shell. In fact, the cohesive gel implants seem to be the worst implants because they contain more aggressive chemicals used in making the silicone cohesive. However, no matter the implant type, sooner than you realize, all breast implants impair our immune system and the silicone shell deteriorates releasing toxins and allowing the filling whether toxic cohesive gel, saline or regular toxic silicone to permeate the shell and contaminate our body. According to several studies, most implants deteriorate and or rupture within six to ten years but sooner in many cases.
For instance, I was implanted with cohesive gel implants October 2005. The plastic surgeon informed me breast implants should be replaced every ten years to be on the safe side and I was planning on having them removed in ten years. Despite the ten year safety plan, I first noticed breast implant symptoms only three years after implantation in October 2008. The first symptoms I noted were brain fog and what appeared to be hypothyroidism. Not realizing my symptoms could be from breast implants, I attempted to manage with better nutrition, exercise and supplements with some success. But as time progressed, more symptoms appeared such as ringing in my ears, easy bruising, slow healing of cuts and scrapes, hormonal imbalances, yeast infections, ear infections, hair loss and fatigue. Shortly, the fatigue worsened to the point I felt something was very wrong. Then in a six month period a storm of other symptoms quickly showed up such as food intolerance/allergies, headaches, sore/aching shoulder and hip joints, aching backbone, severe dehydration at times, muscle weakness, swollen and sore lymph in the upper body, sore kidneys and liver, fevers during day, night sweats, fast/irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, burning/pain around the implant and underarm, panic attacks all finally culminating in toxic shock due to the amount of toxic chemicals circulating in my body from the silicone.
According to the plastic surgeon who removed my implants seven years and three months after initial implantation, they were intact with no ruptures. Before explantation surgery, I requested my implants back and they were brought to me a few hours after I woke from surgery. They smelled strongly of chemicals similar to wet kitchen or bathroom silicone caulking. I inspected them very carefully and the left breast implant has an air bubble in it less than one cm in width at the inside surface of the shell. There should be no air bubbles in cohesive gel implants which tells me the silicone shell was permeable inside my body for some time even though not obviously ruptured. The history of my symptoms also tells me that the silicone shells of my breast implants were permeable and poisoning me me as early as the first few years after being implanted.
I look forward to your comments, feedback and personal stories about your symptoms due to breast implants. Please see the comment form below. Thank you.